The adventures of a poor, but fashion savvy girl trying to look like a million bucks at a fraction of the cost...

Monday, September 9, 2013

Dr. Martens Wearable?

Good Evening everybody!
  As I said in my last post I have decided to tackle the Dr. Martens boots that are so very popular this fall.  Before I get into the outfits, I want to clarify that Dr. Martens is the brand, not the style of shoe, I was confused about this until I did a little digging.  I did some research last night and found that this brand has a wide variety of shoes, check it out:
 
  While these punk rock shoes still might not be up your alley, you cannot help but appreciate the history of these iconic boots.  They started out in England as industrial shoes for factory workers and others who needed an extremely durable pair of boots.  As time progressed, they evolved into the ultimate symbol of the rebellious movement in the late 60's up to the 80's.  Dr. Martens finally went mainstream in the 90's and according to Kate Lanphere (Fashion Director of ELLE Magazine), Doc's became a classic during this decade thanks to teen and young adult television.  
    With my geeky history lesson aside, here is how I would wear these statement boots:


  Both of these outfits have serious rocker quality because, in my humble opinion, there is no way to tone down the edgy style of these shoes.  The first, I stuck with the classic skinny jean, but in part two, I decided on a teal skater skirt to try and glam the look up just a little.  In both examples, I used the classic black, shiny version of the boots paired with brightly colored outfit pieces.  Keep in mind, there are countless patterns and colors of Dr. Martens to choose from, so you could reverse the outift an go with all black or neutral clothing and throw on some neon boots.
  While I have never seen a genuine pair of Dr. Martens at the GW, there are very few times I shop that I don't see a similar pair of lace up, punk style boots for a fraction of the cost of doc's.  I don't know if I will ever buy my own pair of rocker boots, but these 80's reminiscent looks are exactly how I would wear them. 
  Be sure and check out the inspiration page! I have added a few more pics I think you all will enjoy.  Tune in next time to check out the lace bootie outfits.
Until next time,
Happy Bargaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment