The adventures of a poor, but fashion savvy girl trying to look like a million bucks at a fraction of the cost...

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I'm Back!

Good Evening everyone!
  Well, I have suffered greatly the past two days because I had no internet! *gasp* But I did survive and made a HUGE goodwill haul yesterday.  Before I talk about my finds, I wanted to get a little housekeeping out of the way.  Concerning the coupons for the Manasota branch of Goodwill, I could not successfully print them.  I contacted GW and they reloaded the coupons but the weekly special coupon still printed out blank.  Sadness, I'm not sure how to get it fixed, but if you live outside of the Manasota area, they would be useless anyway.  No matter what Goodwill you frequent, they should have some kind of promotional deal like punch cards, coupons, or any number of other money saving helps so before you buy that fabulous new outfit, check and make sure you are saving as much money as you possibly can!
  As I have been saying for a while now, I had a major shopping day planned for yesterday and my finds were not disappointing!  Here are my two most fab finds!


  I am using my Coach bag now and I still can't believe it's mine.  No really, I keep looking down at it sitting next to me thinking to myself "Wow. That's mine."  Here is why it's mine: IT COST ME $5!  Yes it's true. I was about to check out yesterday and I heard it calling my name from the purse section.  I checked the price and it was $18.99.  I have been on the look out for a faux leather backpack for a while now but there was no way was I going to pay that much for a bag no matter who made it or whether or not it was real leather.  Nonetheless, I loved the bag and checked out its condition despite the price.  It was in perfect condition but I put it back anyway until my mom suggested I get it to bump my total up to $60 so I could use the $15 off $60 or more coupon.  We figured it out and with out the bag my total was $43.  If I bought the bag and used the coupon, my total was $48.  It was a no brainer.  By the way, a leather coach bag like mine cost $258 new...just thought I'd throw that out there.
  My second favorite purchase yesterday was my new pair of deck shoes.  So I might be a little bit behind the trend curve with these shoes, but adorable never goes out of style right?  These were well loved by their previous owner but other than some wear on the inside label and tread on the bottoms, they're in perfect condition.  Another plus with buying second-hand shoes: they are already broken in! Double win.  I checked out how much these shoes would cost me new and I found a gloriously suprising price: $55 new from RackRoom Shoes.  'How much did I pay for mine?' You might ask.  Survey says: $4.99.  And that is why nobody beats the bargains at the GW.
Until tomorrow,
Happy Bargaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment