The adventures of a poor, but fashion savvy girl trying to look like a million bucks at a fraction of the cost...

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Shoe Fetish...

Good evening fellow fashionistas!
  Tonight, I want to talk a little bit about my favorite subject: SHOES.  I don't know about you, but last time I checked I had more shoes than I could count.  In fact, I can't even fit every pair on my shoe rack!  So they end up on the floor, in the closet, in the bathroom, in my trunk, under my bed, and pretty much anywhere else they can hide...can I get an amen?  All joking aside, check out this insightful visual dictionary of every woman's weakness:

 Of course, there are many names and nicknames that our favorite footwear go by, but this is a basic index of formal heels.  That lobster claw looks ridiculous to me, but to each her own right?  Sadly, this chart does not cover one of my favorite types of shoes: boots!  Therefore, I took it upon myself to create this lovely board for your viewing pleasure:
There are umpteen dozen variations of the boot, as shown in this diagram, and to be frank, I don't like some of them.  For example, I could live my entire life and never put on a pair of Dr. Martens (number 2) or Uggs (number 8) and I would be happy as a lark.  However, these boots are engrained in our fashion culture so I cannot in good conscience leave them out of my little boot discussion.  Over the next few posts, I will be discussing each boot type in detail and showing how I would style them into an outfit and where you can buy them without breaking the bank.  Boots are huge this fall, literally, take a look at some of the boots gracing the runways this season:
These boots are so tall, they need an extra strap behind the knee.

These are borderline pants, with shoes attached to the hem.
Robin hood maybe?

I'm just wondering if these are Velcro...because that would be convenient

I hope you enjoy this little series on my favorite staple piece of my shoe wardrobe! Check back tomorrow for boot number 1: The western style boot.
Until next time,
Happy Bargaining!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment