The adventures of a poor, but fashion savvy girl trying to look like a million bucks at a fraction of the cost...

Monday, August 26, 2013

A New Way to Shop

Salutations and Hello!
  As I'm sure you have noticed, my blog is under some renovation of late.  I am still trying to figure out how I would like Good[will]Girl to look so please bear with me as I do some experimentation.  Please and thank you!
  What if I told you that there was an app that allows you to shop a plethora of different stores from all over the world to build your dream wardrobe while never leaving  the comfort of your cozy bed?  Enter Polyvore, the incredible fashion app that allows you to create and share outfits and collections all on your computer or iPhone.
  This is a shopping app, however the vast majority of it's users are people who simply have a love of fashion and wish to share their style with the rest of the world.  For me, Polyvore is a way I can compile outfits and play with different (sometimes crazy) combinations without the hassle of trying on a ridiculous number of clothes and visiting an insane amount of stores. 

  These are two examples of the kind of outfits waiting to be made on Polyvore.  While the finished outfits can easily break the bank by exceeding $1,000, I find that it is the best way to find my personal style and keep me inspired.  A black and white, patterned button down blouse is the same no matter whose name is on the tag.  Therefore, a $250 outfit can be duplicated for a tenth of the price without sacrificing style.  I have done it myself and I know you can too!  (Hint: Tune in Wednesday evening for my Polyvore outfit dupe)  You can check out my outfits on Polyvore at cvj1995 but there are several other users I recommend you follow should you choose to join the community.  Such as...peacockchic, kswirsding, and rusinn.  These are three of my favorite outfit makers in the Polyvore community.
Until next time,
Happy Bargaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment