The adventures of a poor, but fashion savvy girl trying to look like a million bucks at a fraction of the cost...

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Wear it Three Ways: Go BOLD or Go Home


Hey fellow bargain shoppers!
  Today I stopped by the G.W. and I found these AH-mazing, patten leather pumps!  So I wanted to show you lovely folks how I wear bold pieces like these hot pink heels in a way that won't leave you feeling like you are playing dress up.  So the first look is an all business look, I down played the quirkyness of the shoes with a structured pencil skirt, solid colors on top, and simple jewelery.  The next look is a casual, don't-mind-my-fabulousness, kind of day look.  It's borderline matchy matchy, but because I separated the pinks with my straight leg Levi's, the outfit stays chic.  If  however, I tried to wear the same look with a pink pencil skirt, even if it was a perfect match color wise, the look would go from trendy to tacky.  The final picture on the right is a evening look that I would wear to either a party or out to dinner with friends.  By wearing only black in my dress and accessories, I can keep the outfit from looking too girly and overly pink.  My strand of pearls (well, pearl shaped beads...) also keeps the outfit looking polished.
  If YOU have any bold pieces that you are obsessed with, tweet me your fierce look @Goodwill_Girl or leave a comment below!
Until next time,
Keep it BOLD!
P.S.  I've reached over 300 hits on Good[will]Girl! Woah! Thank you all so much and keep coming back for more chic but cheap style.

No comments:

Post a Comment