The adventures of a poor, but fashion savvy girl trying to look like a million bucks at a fraction of the cost...

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Polyvore Outfit Dupe

Good evening my lovely readers,
  As promised, today I have a Polyvore outfit dupe to show you just how easy it is to stay in style even when you're broke.   I have been so excited to do this feature and I hope to do it again soon! Here I have the look I made on my Polyvore iPhone app
  This look screams fall (my favorite) and I'm a maxi skirt kind of girl so this look is right up my alley.  Here's the catch, this exact outfit would cost me $497...let me say that again, $497!  I don't know about you, but for this girl $497 is an exorbitant amount of money for any outfit short of a wedding dress.  Let me say this, the look featured above consists of high quality items, the jacket is Guess and the boots are Born Concept but I still cannot condone making such a frivolous purchase.
  But never fear! Goodwill is here! Introducing an extremely similar outfit:


   And it cost me less than $30 for the entire outfit.   Plus, this is the best part, the shoes are Born Concept just like in the Polyvore version!  They retail for about $75 and I bought mine for $7.  While the skirt and belt are not exactly the same, the pattern and style of the duo make for a very nice equivalent.  Plus, the skirt and belt cost me a grand total of $4, while the original Piamita Sarah Long Skirt and Pieces Alexa Waisted Belt cost a combined total of $305.  Thank goodness for the GW.
  Also, I just want to remind everyone that it is a mere 5 days until 50% off day at Goodwill.  I am planning a special trip and all of you should too!
Until next time,
Happy Bargaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment